POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Moving within a scene : Re: Moving within a scene Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:16:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moving within a scene
From: Chris Colefax
Date: 5 Mar 2001 20:18:55
Message: <3aa43aff@news.povray.org>
David Vincent-Jones <geo### [at] galaxynetcom> wrote:
> I am currently using a spline to create a path for animation in a scene...
>
> It would be nice if I could interactively steer my way rather than being
> held to a fixed path. Possibly by using key strokes to indicate "a bit
more
> to the left" etc....
>
> Has anybody some sort of routine that could be used in such a way?

The Spline Macro File (http://www.geocities.com/ccolefax/spline) allows you
to simply define a list of keypoints.  You can then quickly preview (from a
fixed camera point) the path the spline takes through the scene, and easily
shift or add points to adjust the path the way you want.  An automatic
animation function is included that will fly the camera along the path -
rendering at low resolution and reduced quality settings should allow you to
preview and adjust the motion path reasonably quickly (if not in realtime).